Singles :: Cheese Slices - over processed, no nutrients, over packaged, but oh so good! Blaze :: Crisp, sunny autumn day - the colours of the autumn leaves in sunshine. Sandwich :: wholemeal bread, butter, avocado slices, mayo and lots of black pepper - heaven! Outside :: picnic (please note, not a packed lunch!) - crusty bread, cheese, salad, fruit, etc. Good food, good friends, kids, dogs, sunny days. Gooey :: chocolate fudge cake. Industry :: big factories, lots of black smoke.
Exclusive :: that 5*, all inclusive holiday destination that I dream of. Warranty :: the comforting knowledge that the item in question will break down/fall apart/stop working the day after it runs out. Magical :: the fact that I have the most amazing husband whom adores me back! Heels :: sore feet!
Randomeme4u has a weekly meme to feed your mind. Each week there is a new random thought, quote or set of questions to keep you busy.
The week of September 23rd has the following random questions:
1. day or night? I love aspects of both, so I am going to sit on the fence on this one. On a clear, sunny, crisp autumn day, it would have to be day, but I love the peace of the night.
2. chocolate or vanilla? Chocolate, pure and simple.
3. coffee or tea? I love both, depending on my mood and the time of day.
4. renting a movie and staying home or going out to the theater? Depends on the movie. Big action type films have to be seen on the big screen, but I do love renting a movie, opening a bottle of wine and chilling at home.
5. regular books or audio books? Regular, the feel and smell of a real book cannot be beaten.
6. driving to a far off destination or just taking an airplane? If time is no problem, I love to drive and especially if I get to stop along the way.
7. hamburger or hotdogs? Neither, being vegetarian.
8. listening to music or watching tv? I do love to watch TV, but if I had to choose one, it would be listening to music.
9. Desperate Housewives or Survivor? (both are tv shows) Neither, not my kind of TV. I love programs like Heroes or Stargate.
10. homecooked meal or fancy restaurant? Homecooked meal, with lots of good friends to share it with, preferably a full roast dinner with all the trimmings.
The reverse of last week's question. Imagine that everything is going just swimmingly. The sun is shining, the birds are singing, and all’s right with the world. You’re practically bouncing from health and have money in your pocket. The kids are playing and laughing, the puppy is chewing in the cutest possible manner on an officially-sanctioned chew toy, and in between moments of laughter for pure joy, you pick up a book to read . . .
What is it?
I have never really been the kind of person to change what I read depending on my mood. I have always been able to read whatever book I pick up, when I pick it up. Saying that, I quite often pick up a previous non-starter when I am in a good mood and find that I am able to "get into" it where I have failed before.
Seems to be a very short and sweet answer this week! Sorry!!
I received a little bonus via email yesterday - an offer of two preview tickets to go and see I now pronounce you Chuck and Larry, the new Adam Sandler film. Well, I had not heard much about it and would not normally pay to go and see a comedy (I do not think they lose much transferring to small screen), but who can argue with free tickets!
It was funny. More so than I was expecting, if I am honest. Adam Sandler is always good, even if he does always play the same character and his co-star, Kevin James, I loved in Hitch and he was good in this, but for me, VingRhames steals the film. His part is not huge and I will not go into details as I do not want to spoil it for anyone, but I loved his character! With Steve Buscemi, Jessica Biel and Dan Ackroyd supporting, all in all it was a good cast. (Oh yes, and keep an eye out for Rob Schneider!)
If I had paid to see this film, I would not have been disappointed, but going for free is always a bonus! Not a film I would add to the DVD collection, but I would watch again if it was showing on TV. Worth a watch.
Rita :: Skeeta (I have just finished Harry Potter!!) Comedy :: Timing - and I have none!! Polar :: Bear - the cutest most dangerous thing Idiots :: Jackass. I just do not get it! Perception :: common sense - knowing when to challenge your own perceptions. Infected :: foot and mouth Fake :: diamond Relating :: family tree, something I am fascinated with, but do not seem to be able to find time to sit down and do. Distraction :: Sophie! (the cat currently trying to sit on my laptop to stop me typing!!! but definitely the cutest distraction ever) Gamble :: risk taking
Randomeme4u promises a weekly meme. Each week there is a new random thought, quote or set of questions to keep you busy.
The week of September 16th has the following random questions:
1. what's your favorite color? This is tough as it depends on my mood. I tend to stick to fairly neutral colours, but if I need a spot of cheering up I love anything with plum or purple tones. 2. how many languages do you speak? Apart from my native English, I speak French well enough to get by and I can order coffee, say hello/goodbye and introduce myself in German and Spanish. I would love to learn something like Chinese or Japanese though. 3. who is your best friend? I am incredibly lucky in that I have an amazing group of friends, but my best friend and soul mate is my darling hubby. 4. are you married? Yes, to the most amazing man whom is my daily inspiration and makes getting up in the morning worth while. 5. what's your favorite song? I have so many but to narrow it to one - Please forgive me by Bryan Adams. It is "our song". After 14 1/2 years together, it still stands true. It still feels like our first night together Feels like the first kiss and It's gettin' better baby No one can better this I'm still hold on and you're still the one The first time our eyes met it's the same feelin' I get Only feels much stronger and I wanna love ya longer You still turn the fire on
6. what is your greatest fear? That I lose my health or my husband. Money and material things come and go, but they mean nothing if you do not have your health or someone to share them with. 7. who is your hero? My mother - she is the most amazing woman who has done everything in her power to ensure that I have the self confidence and the life skills to cope with everything this crazy planet we live on throws at me. I love her for that and can only hope I do half as good a job with any children I may have.
After a short break from my blog, I have returned for all the wrong reasons....boredom. I cannot believe it has been so long since I have posted, the days are just going by so quickly it feels.
After celebrating my birthday this week and having a birthday party yesterday evening, I am now at that point where I have Christmas to look forward to next and that seems to come round far to quickly once my birthday has gone.
Just over 14 weeks!! Planning to do Christmas on a budget this year, so need to start looking for ideas sooner rather than later. I have so many bits and pieces in my craft boxes that I must be able to use on something. Any ideas gratefully received!
I am off to complete some memes, I'll be back soon.