Thursday 21 June 2007

Booking Through Thursday

Booking Through Thursday posts a new question every thursday.

Today's is:

Since school is out for the summer (in most places, at least), here’s a school-themed question for the week:

1. Do you have any old school books? Did you keep yours from college? Old textbooks from garage sales? Old workbooks from classes gone by?

Yes, from studying English at school (I still love Far from the Madding Crowd) and from studying Hotel Management and Catering. I love to be in the kitchen and still have all my recipe/catering books.

2. How about your old notes, exams, papers? Do you save them? Or have they long since gone to the great Locker-in-the-sky?

I don't think so, unless my parents have kept any. I did keep one project I did at about age 10 for years and years, but I think I finally gave in and threw that away too. (It did win me a school award though, which was my justification for keeping it for so long.)

Not been around much - we sold our house some time ago and the solicitors have been too-ing and fro-ing for months, then last monday we were told we were exchanging wednesday and completing friday. Scary - we had waited so long, we had not found anywhere else, we were so convinced the sale was going to fall through. So I spent most of last week surrounded by boxes and newspaper and now we are staying with my aunt until we find somewhere to rent. Hopefully only a week or two.

We did enjoy a lovely weekend away though, friday to monday just gone. We stayed at Moorhead Farm just outside Barnstaple, in Devon. Swam, hot tubbed, sauna'd and pottered around the shops. After a stressful week and days of moving boxes, it was just what the doctor ordered. If you want to head that way, check it out, it is lovely.

Well, blessings to all
Daisy Cat xx

1 comment:

Melody said...

I wish I can keep some old stuff, but just don't have the storage space to do so! *sigh* I've thrown most of the textbooks and notes away (plus my graphic portfolios too) except some notes from my administrative course I took several years back.