Thursday 4 December 2008

Booking Through Thursday - 5 For Favourites



Booking Through Thursday - A weekly meme about (mostly) books and reading.

1. Do you have a favorite author? There are many books that I have bought, purely based on the author, but I am completely unable to name one favourite. I love the series by both Jean Auel and Diana Gabaldon and have read them all. I also love anything by Kathy Reichs and James Patterson. So, no, I don't think I have a favourite.
2. Have you read everything he or she has written? Partly answered already, I guess. I have read everything written by Diana Gabaldon and Jean Auel. I cannot think of any other authors that I have read everything they have written.
3. Did you LIKE everything? Yes, although Jean Auel's series is frustrating due to the length of time between books. There was a 10 year gap between numbers 4 & 5 and a 6 year gap, so far, for book number 6.
4. How about a least favorite author? That would have to be a no. The books I don't read tend to fall into a genre rather than by author.
5. An author you wanted to like, but didn’t? Oh, what a toughie! I honestly cannot think of any.

This week's questions were tough - I do not tend to read books dependent on author. When choosing a book, I will look at the book title and cover image first. Then I read the blurb on the back. Whether or not I purchase tends to be on a gut instinct. Usually I am right and enjoy the book. Having said that I will read a certain author on recommendation.

Blessings to all

Daisy Cat x

1 comment:

SmilingSally said...

You're right; these are not easy questions to answer. I do buy books from authors I admire, and I buy them using the same criteria that you do. Please visit to see my answers.