Friday 5 December 2008

Friday 5 - December 5th



Friday 5 host a meme - a series of 5 questions. This weeks questions are called "Childhood Indulgences":

1. When did you last have a mid-day nap? Probably not that long ago. I got into the habit of having a nap during the day when working split shifts and even though I don't work them anymore, my body still says "right, 2 o'clock, time for a nap!"
2. When did you last have milk and cookies? I was never able to drink milk as a child and still do not like it now, unless it is made into a latte, so if we were talking Latte and a cookie - last week. For those who want an answer on milk, when I was about 2 I guess.
3. When did you last have a bubble bath? Sore point - the house we are living in currently does not have a bath, so definitely not in the last 6 months. Prior to that, at least once a week and with a lot of bubbles!!!!
4. When did you last jump on the furniture? Probably when I was about 5 or 6. It was never allowed by my father, so I probably received a telling-off for doing it!
5. When did you last play in the mud? I never liked playing in the mud as a kid and still don't now. I hate getting my hands dirty and when I do, I need to wash them as soon as I can.

I have two childhood favourites that I have carried into adulthood - an advent calendar (and it must have chocolate) and my Christmas stocking! It is the first thing I open on Christmas day and what I get most excited about.

Blessings to all

Daisy Cat x

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're right. Some parents won't allow their kids to stand or jump in the furniture. We're doing the same thing with our kids now. No standing or jumping in the furniture...

Mine is up as well. Have a great week!

Cheers,
Nita

Anonymous said...

It's good to see other people who think mud is rather gross. I once had a spa day with a group of girl friends and was horrified when they smeared that mud stuff all over me. I didn't enjoy it at all, since I was fussing and wanted to be clean rightthatsecond, glowing skin be damned, but my friends were amused.

Thanks for the comment! Hope you had a lovely weekend.