Wednesday 26 November 2008

Bit of a rant, I am afraid!

Hi

Not a happy post this evening. Several weeks back I decided to be a big brave girl and join one of the Craft Swaps on Craftster. This forum is full of the most talented and generous people and when I saw a swap come up for a Christmas Stocking full of goodies, I knew this was the one for me.

I am a very nervous crafter when it comes to sharing my talents - in that I have very little faith in my ability, regardless of how often I am told what I do is okay!

Well, I signed up and waited, somewhat impatiently, for the sign-up period to close and partners to be assigned. The day finally came and when I read the likes and dislikes of my assigned partner, I was a little nervous in that they were the complete opposite of mine, but I knew that it would be a challenge and I was up for that. I did a lot of research and made lists galore, but finally decided on what I was going to make.

Well, about 2 weeks ago I received an email to say that my partner appeared to be MIA. At this time I had all but finished the parcel and was ready to package it up and send. Luckily a replacement partner stepped up, but before anything could be arranged, Partner No 1 re-appeared on the scene and promised she would be sending before the end date for the swap. Well that date came and went last friday and no word came. It is now wednesday and no word has been received of her sending, so it is not looking good. And I have received word this evening that the lovely person who offered to stand in, has had life get in the way and will no longer be able to do it.

My options - to let them find me another partner or to drop from the swap. Do you ever get the feeling that something is just not meant to be? Well, I am right now. I have left the ball in the court of the organisers - I don't think it is fair to ask someone to craft and post in such a short period of time, but I would still love to be able to pass on the pleasure I have got from making the stocking and filling it to someone else!

I am sure there will be an update shortly - but I will leave this now with a heavy heart and the thought that hopefully there is someone out there that is feeling as bad as I am, for letting someone down. Although, for someone able to act like this, I somehow doubt there is!

Blessings to all (bar 1 person maybe, just this once)
Daisy Cat xx

No comments: