Thursday 27 November 2008

Rant over

Hi
.
Feeling a little happier this evening - I have made the decision to pull out of the swap. I did not feel right about asking someone to craft in such a short period of time. I did get permission to post what I would have sent in the gallery though, so I did get to share, which was nice.
.
I was so pleased with everything I made, but especially the stocking itself, the bowling-style bag and the rainbow journal.

The stocking was made using random patchwork. I worked a piece larger than the template and cut out the shape. The reverse is the red star fabric. It is lined with a burgundy silk-type fabric. I added a variety of stars on the front in sequins, embroidery and beads. I stitched a little bunting shape decoration to go across the top and bound the lining, wadding, stocking, hanging loop and bunting together with bias-binding made from the burgundy swirl fabric. I finished the bunting with little jingle bells.

.





The bag was based on a bowling bag. The outer fabric was a recycled pair of trousers that I was given and knew I would never wear - it is a lovely chocolate brown. I lined the pocket and the bag with a stunning red fabric with a gold swirl. There is a pocket on the front, bound with red bias-binding, and a pocket on the inside.

.





The journal is my favourite item I made. I handmade all the paper within the journal, choosing colours to create the rainbow. I bound it and choose complimentary scrapbooking papers to cover it. I added a ribbon and button closure and two ribbon page markers with heart charms. I love it and have decided to keep it - how very selfish of me!!!
.
All in all, I did enjoy the swap process, but, I think understandably, I feel a bit let down by the final result. I will join in again at some point, but not sure when just yet.
.

Blessings to all
Daisy Cat xx



































































































































No comments: