Thursday 20 September 2007

Booking Through Thursday



.
Sunshine and Roses

The reverse of last week's question. Imagine that everything is going just swimmingly. The sun is shining, the birds are singing, and all’s right with the world. You’re practically bouncing from health and have money in your pocket. The kids are playing and laughing, the puppy is chewing in the cutest possible manner on an officially-sanctioned chew toy, and in between moments of laughter for pure joy, you pick up a book to read . . .

What is it?
.
I have never really been the kind of person to change what I read depending on my mood. I have always been able to read whatever book I pick up, when I pick it up. Saying that, I quite often pick up a previous non-starter when I am in a good mood and find that I am able to "get into" it where I have failed before.
.
Seems to be a very short and sweet answer this week! Sorry!!
.
Love to all
Daisy Cat xx

3 comments:

Literary Feline said...

That's not a bad idea at all, reading a non-starter when you're more in a good reading mood. I know there are some books that I just can't get into sometimes, but I still think the book is worth trying again at a later time.

Anonymous said...

I can pick anything. As long it is not automobile repairing manual!

Jodie Robson said...

A very good idea - I shall move the "got stuck" pile to somewhere more accessible so that I notice them more readily when I'm hunting for the next book. It's not a very big pile, because most of the books I get stuck on go back to the library with a mental note about never picking them again.