Sunday 13 May 2007

Back Pain

Well, what a couple of days.

Hubby got home from work on Thursday, doubled over in pain, having pulled his back, wait for it, walking down the stairs!! It is a recurrence of an old injury, in which one of his ribs detaches from the spine. It pops back in of its own accord, but leaves him in severe muscular pain. So Thursday evening was spent taking care of him. He did not go to work Friday, which is a big thing for him being self employed. But yesterday came and he was no better and was having real trouble breathing anything other than very shallow breaths, so I had to take him to our local A&E. Three hours plus later we left with him dosed up to the eyeballs in muscle relaxants and pain killers. Nothing major serious, but his muscles were in spasm. Just what I had planned for my Saturday evening!

Today I have the pleasure of my niece coming to stay. She lives in South Africa and is coming to the UK for a few months. At the moment she is staying with us for 2 1/2 months of that. It is going to be an experience - I have not lived with an 18 year old for some time! I just hope she finds work like she has promised.

I am going to leave you with a quote from Epictetus:

"There is only one way to happiness and that is to cease worrying about things which are beyond the power of our will."

Something which is very easy to say, but very difficult in practice.

Blessings to all
Daisy Cat xx

No comments: