Sunday 27 May 2007

Pirates of the Caribbean

We went to see Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End last night. Despite being just shy of 3 hours, it was amazing.

I have always been a fan of Johnny Depp, but if I am honest, I think Orlando Bloom shone in this film, especially the "kiss" scene, it made me go all weak at the knees!!

The weirdest thing though, was that the cinema stopped the film half way through for a 10 minute comfort break. I understand the notion, but the point they chose to stop was a little odd. The screen just went black and all the lights went on. 10 minutes later the lights went off and the film just picked up where it stopped. I have never been to see a film where this has happened before and it felt very strange, yet when you go to the theatre, it seems so natural!!

But for all that, it did not spoil the film. I do wish I had watched Dead Man's Chest before I went, it took me a few minutes to remember where we had left them all, but I soon got back into the story. Chow Yun Fat was fantastic as one of the Pirate Captains and Keith Richards as Jack Sparrows dad was hilarious and all the favourites were there. Everytime I watch any of the films, I end up wanting a Capuchin monkey - they are so adorable, but is it fair to keep a wild animal in captivity?

Anyway, if you liked the first two, you have to go see it, I loved it!

Blessings to all
Daisy Cat xx

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah I felt I should have watched Dead Man's Chest again first. I thought it was mostly good, but got far too complicated in the middle. I did enjoy it, but it was nothing on Black Pearl.