Thursday 10 May 2007

Booking Through Thursday

Booking Through Thursday posts a new question about books or reading each thursday.

Today's is: Where DON’T you read??

Well the first answer that pops into my head is "nowhere", but as I start to think about it in more depth, I suppose there are certain places!

The first place that comes to mind is at work, probably because that may get me fired. However, I do always have a book on my desk for reading at lunchtime.

I also never read in the cinema, but that is probably because its too dark. I can (and do) read whilst watching TV or a film and am able to give you a run down of both at the end!

And I never, ever read in the car - it makes me very car sick, even just looking at the map!

And to be honest, I think that is about it. I generally have at least 2, sometimes 3, books on the go at any one time. I am often asked how do I remember which characters are in which story, but I just do. I read pretty much any genre, by any author, set in any time. But I cannot and will not finish a book that does not engage me by chapter 3. I think that 3 chapters is a fair trial for an author to prove the book is worth reading.

One thing I find very hard to understand is when people say they don't enjoy to read. Reading transports you into other worlds, times and places, allows you to meet new people, discover new experiences. What is there not to enjoy?

Blessings to all
Daisy Cat xx

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your answers are really similar to mine! Love the name by the way, my first cat was called Daisy (she lives with my mum in Liverpool).

--Deb said...

Thanks for playing!

alisonwonderland said...

ah, a true book lover!

i also cannot read in the car. *sigh*

Chris said...

Welcome to BTT! It's not easy to come up with places I don't either.

Alice said...

Very nice for a first time participation. Enjoyed reading your answers. :D Happy BTT and happy reading!

Literary Feline said...

I envy you being able to watch and read without one pulling your attention away from the other too much. The older I get, the less I am able to manage that.