Monday 7 May 2007

Monday Melee


The Monday Melee, a Fracas Project
.
.
The idea is to answer the following questions posed by Fracas.
.
1. The Misanthropic: Name something (about humanity) you absolutely hate.
Bigotry - I strongly feel that in this day and age, it is completely unacceptable to be so intolerant of another individuals beliefs or opinions. I am not saying you have to agree with everybody, but disagreement should be the starting point to an open and frank discussion, not the excuse to hate somebody. If you still don't agree, then agree to disagree.
.
2. The Meretricious: Expose something or someone that’s phony, fraudulent or bogus.
The creams that leading companies claim to make wrinkles or cellulite disappear. The Advertising Standards Authority have picked on individual companies in the past, but I personally do not believe any of the claims made. Please, grow old gracefully and have a face with a little personality.
.
3. The Malcontent: Name something you’re unhappy with.
Banks! Need I say any more. I truly believe they have forgotten that they are, basically, a service industry and not there purely to make a profit whilst having no regard for their customer.
.
4. The Meritorious: Give someone credit for something and name it if you can.
My beloved husband - for sticking at his business, although it is going through a really tough time financially. He started the company to make peoples dreams come true and it has become about the £ label we can give to each customer and this really stings. But he is fighting it and when the tough time passes, he can return to the dreams.
.
5. The Mirror: See something good about yourself and name it.
My eyes. They are truly the best thing about me, I believe. They are the darkest chocolate brown, with long eyelashes. But you can tell when I am starting to get angry, they go almost black!
.
6. The Make-Believe: Name something you wish for.
It would be very easy to go for the "world peace" answer for this, but honestly, I think my answer would have to be for each person to do one thing nice to another person, friend or stranger, each day, in a completely selfless way.
.
I am going to try to complete this each week, but will honestly have to see how it goes.
.
Blessings to all
Daisy Cat xx

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice choices. I especially like #1 and #6.